Monday, January 10, 2011

Makework: Sixth installment, 'Snowy South'

Today, it snowed in Chattanooga. We have a spotty past here in Chattanooga with snow. Schools have been known to shut down before forecasted snow arrives, then the snow never comes. Today though, we received about 8" of snow, or what I would like to now dub a 'Soueastern'. Schools are definitely shut down, roads are impassible and business is halted. My own shop is shut down until we can resume travel.

This time off for me is good, getting away from the hustle and bustle of starting my own business, say creative business, is good for new designs to pop into my head. Everything from seeing how things function poorly, to experiencing the beauty of the snow. I have to have these times, new fresh design has to have time to proof in my mind.

Concerning my latest projects, we are currently making some new designs for the High Point market this spring. This is a major step for Cabeen Originals. Even though we have some finished pieces that are photo ready, we have to keep these designs under wraps until market. Market dates are April 2-7 and will be a debut for this company. Once market is over, I will be posting some exciting news as well as these new designs.

Thanks!

Aaron Cabeen

No comments:

Post a Comment